Thursday, April 2, 2020

Hello. At this time you should be done reading Book 9, and your answers to the questions should be submitted in turnitin.com. HERE IS WHAT TO EXPECT OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS:

This week, read Book 10, and submit the questions (last page, questions 2-4) to turnitin.com by April 7. DON'T FORGET TO DO YOUR NOREDINK ASSIGNMENTS!

At this point, I have marked up the text for you on Books 9 and 10. It is YOUR turn. Show me your understanding of the character interactions and their flaws/heroic qualities.

There are two versions of Book 11 for you to read. You will mark up one version.

  • If you can print, print version 1 and mark up the margins, then take pictures with your phone and email them to me. Be thorough.
  • If you do not have a printer, I uploaded a second version. Make a copy of the googledoc (name it Book 11 +your first and last name) and use the highlighter and comment tools in googledocs to "mark the text." When you are finished, share your document with me via email. This is due APRIL 10


When we finish Book 12 next week (by April 17), we will make sure you can complete the first half of Odysseus' hero cycle (through Stage 6)--I will post an example.

I will also post a couple fun, short videos about The Odyssey. We will then take a week to review your understanding of the Odyssey story and write paragraphs.

You will be submitting written paragraphs for a grade at the end of that week.
As always, read the directions thoroughly, then ask me questions via email if you get stuck (sooner is always better!). Don't give up and don't wait until the last minute. I am here to help.